Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

TOPIC: What Did You Prep Today

Re: What Did You Prep Today 1 month, 1 week ago #27611

JimCosta wrote:
It is great to see you doing all of the planning now. If your family knew or understood what you are doing it would make them both proud and secure. You go MatGen.

Thanks, soon I am going to make a thread about the binder to get your guys advice and see if there are any holes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Neo

Re: What Did You Prep Today 1 month, 1 week ago #27612

Going to go get some human maintenance done at the VA today. I had this little ordeal some years ago that caused memory issues. Now it seems to be a little worst and for the last year or so it seems its started to effect how I pronounce certain words.

If any of you have noticed my spelling has degraded some. I can type and spell check will catch most but common words will be spelled wrong or I will phrase something in my head a certain way and I type it a different way. I will hit enter and then maybe notice mistakes then but usually a little later in the thread I will notice it when I re read it.

So the Docs want to do a Cat scan and see what is going on in the noggin. Supposed to have something else later. Fun, the good thing is when I go to Grand Rapids I'll be able to go to Cabela's and see if there is anything worth buying

Re: What Did You Prep Today 1 month, 1 week ago #27613

just watch your back in GR - seems to be getting worse - used to actually stay in the GR hotels - now I don't stay any closer than 20 miles out ...

Re: What Did You Prep Today 1 month ago #27624

Illini Warrior wrote:
just watch your back in GR - seems to be getting worse - used to actually stay in the GR hotels - now I don't stay any closer than 20 miles out ...

Yeah I know what you mean. All of our travels down there are on the main roads and main stores everything public.

Re: What Did You Prep Today 4 weeks ago #27650

Sportsman Guide has free shipping right now and some sales, FYI. A good way to get some preps cheap. I would still compare prices to eBay.

They have a good deal with canteens and molle covers and I bought these a while back. I just ordered a 2 pair pack of mittens, 2 pack sleeping bag bivy pack, 2 medical molle pouches, 10 pair pack of white mitten over covers.

When your cutting wood with your chain saw do you wear an IFAK or keep a medical kit near? If not the medical pouch mentioned($2.99) above is perfect for a tourniquet(your flavor) and a pressure bandage. If you cut your femoral artery your dead in minutes. I saw some videos of chainsaw accidents on YouTube and said F that, I now wear an IFAK. Just an FYI.

I bought the above bivy for the two MSS Patrol sleeping bags I posted earlier. By the way it was a great transaction. One Patrol bag was brand new with the tag and the other was very good/excellent.
Time to create page: 0.60 seconds