Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

TOPIC: What Did You Prep Today

Re: What Did You Prep Today 2 months, 2 weeks ago #27528

• Neo
  • Expert Boarder
Between my wife & I, we've gotten a lot of good work done over the last few weeks:
I got 2 new 4'x 8' x 2' shelving units at Sam's Club for additional food storage...and they're pretty much full already. We canned 26 pints of applesauce & 8 quarts of apple pie filling last week. Also canned about 30 pints of beets a few weeks ago. Planted garlic last week. I caught a 1-day sale on #10 cans of dehydrated apples, a case of 12 cans for $9.99/can w/ free shipping (www.beprepared.com). I kept 9 & sold 3 at cost to a family member. Oh, we also canned 26 pints of salsa & 2 double batches of jalapeno jelly, I think like 50 half pints. Now you see why we needed more shelving...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Materielgeneral

Re: What Did You Prep Today 2 months ago #27550

The other day I went to one of the discount stores in town. I picked up a bag of 100 one gallon Mylar bags for $10.00 and a pack of 100 DVD disks for producing the library. These disks are different. They are HP Inkjet Printable. I have never seen these before. They have this material on the top of the disk so you can print on them. I have to investigate on how you do this.

My buddy and I finally finished fabricating a mount for my 40' tower to mount to the existing in the ground mount. I finally finished creating my 6” PVC tube cache. I just cut the tube in half so they are 5' long. That bugger was expensive. I got the components I think pre 2016 Christmas just never had the time to put together.

6inCap.jpg

6inFemalePlugAdapter.jpg

6inPlug.jpg

Lids.jpg

tube.jpg
The following user(s) said Thank You: Keebler

Re: What Did You Prep Today 1 month, 3 weeks ago #27564

Went thru my USGS topographical maps and realized I am missing one of my adjoining boarder maps. If you do not know, tactically you want the map that your located in, your Northern and Southern border maps. Your right side North, middle Eastern, South maps and then your left/West 3 maps. . So total you will have a total 9 maps including the map that your located in. This will be for command and control allowing you to make marks and notes on top of a clear plastic sheet with water based markers(whiteboard markers).

I checked with USGS and the topographic map is $8.00 plus $5.00. Before I ordered it I figured I would check with with the Federal Forest Service and with the Michigan DNR. The feds no longer carry topo maps for sale and the same with the DNR but the person I talked to asked me what maps I wanted and a couple other question. I almost said hey its none of your business but something (God) told me to keep my mouth shut. She said she could print me some smaller ones(free). I said cool how big? She could do...(I forget her actual response but I just measured the paper and its 11X17”). She called me the next day saying they were done.

Picked the maps up and awesomeness. The paper could be trimmed some making a smaller footprint but the size is really good that its really readable and you can see the detail for patrol purposes. I love free shit. Especially when it is filling a void in your preps. I asked her how soon I could get more and she just kind of looked at me and said I would have to wait a while. No problem. I still have to get my missing full size map.

The full size maps are to be used in a command area stapled to the wall. The COMMO desk will be right there. I wanted some some smaller maps for my red binder for a section for retreating and going to a rally point. And then like I mentioned for patrol purposes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: spiritbeau, Neo

Re: What Did You Prep Today 1 month, 3 weeks ago #27565

• Neo
  • Expert Boarder
I ordered 12 more #10 cans of freeze-dried & dehydrated fruits & veggies & dairy on a decent black friday sale at Emergency Essentials. I only order from them when I catch a good sale. I also started a simple workbook in excel for managing long term food storage; I've outgrown my composition book for maintaining those records. This will make it much easier to update & as I revise long term food storage goals, it's easy to see where I'm most deficient, therefore where I need to focus my purchases. I think I'll start something similar for ammo.

Re: What Did You Prep Today 1 month, 2 weeks ago #27569

if you check around there's EXCEL "checklists" for just about everything prepper - extremely well thought out and ready to use ....
The following user(s) said Thank You: Neo

Re: What Did You Prep Today 1 month, 2 weeks ago #27588

• Keebler
  • Gold Boarder
what did i do today,
'1. paid off my mortgage in 10 months.2.paid off my Tractor loan, 3. cashed in all my stocks to do this. i"m almost debt free except a few CC's maybe 500 total. Medically Not in good shape. Blood Pressure = 201/116 i hurt bad/ Left kidney has huge tumor Liver gone in to sirossis, pace maker keeping me alive. just trying to make day 4 day.
have a great day to all i've had a great life. ready to go. no family.
leaving no debt to who ever,finds me.
keebler.

Re: What Did You Prep Today 1 month, 2 weeks ago #27589

Damn Keebler, I saw you posted and it brightened me up and then I read what you wrote and it dragged me down. All I can say is I wish the best for you and I am going to pray to God and Jesus that they look over you.

Has the VA offered to look over you (hospital or home) so your vitals and everything else can be monitored? Personally I would say hell no and die in piece but that's me. If you need to talk I'm game. I'll message you my cell. Talk about what ever but if your interested we can talk Christ and the salvation prayer. If your not interested then that's your choice and I'll respect that.

The rest of you that believe in Christ I am asking for you to take a moment and pray for Ritchey.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Keebler

Re: What Did You Prep Today 1 month, 2 weeks ago #27591

• Keebler
  • Gold Boarder
thanks==i just hurt.the VA sent me home with Pills to lower BP= it was higher than that at the va.
have a great weekend.

Re: What Did You Prep Today 1 month, 1 week ago #27609

I am working on my red binder. This will be the emergency binder where to go for what to do suggestions. So the first tab will be Where to begin SHTF then under that will be alert colors. Green, Yellow and Red then break it down from there. Another tab will be Security Measures. Training for basic soldier skills, donning a mask, HAZMAT suit etc. When to put a full time security on the perimeter. Probably the most important will be if a bug out has to happen what to do. If a bug out has to happen under fire. What to do, where are the rally points to meet up at. Initial base camp site to ponder options.

A lot of crap to think about and plan for. On the fun side I picked up a two pack in very good condition Buy it Now Army MSS Patrol Sleeping bags. www.ebay.com/itm/2-PACK-US-Military-PATR...p2057872.m2749.l2649
The prices on eBay for surplus seem to suck right now. Looking around at different stuff. I did just win a bid on a Army duffle bag with shoulder straps for $10.00 on auction. I wanted another ruck but they were all to expensive.

With having snow on the ground now made me think of having a back up. Its to late to bury a Cache but it gave me the incentive to start collecting the stuff needed for a family cache.

Re: What Did You Prep Today 1 month, 1 week ago #27610

• JimCosta
  • Gold Boarder
It is great to see you doing all of the planning now. If your family knew or understood what you are doing it would make them both proud and secure. You go MatGen.
Last Edit: 1 month, 1 week ago by JimCosta.
Time to create page: 0.82 seconds