Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Cold weather

Cold weather 3 weeks, 2 days ago #27742

• VFA-305
  • Platinum Boarder
One thing we have an abundance of in Wyoming is very cold weather. One reason I selected my Lee Enfield as my primary SHTF rifle is because the Canadian Rangers have carried it for survival in the frozen north of Canada. It has never let me down on any hunt or trek into the Wyoming wilderness..even in January.

However, recently the Canadian Rangers have switched to a new toy. Tikka T3X Arctic. Interesting toy for the expreme cold. I may have to save my pennies. It is a bit pricey.

www.tactical-life.com/firearms/gun-revie...ka-t3x-arctic-rifle/

Re: Cold weather 3 weeks, 2 days ago #27743

VFA-305 wrote:
One thing we have an abundance of in Wyoming is very cold weather. One reason I selected my Lee Enfield as my primary SHTF rifle is because the Canadian Rangers have carried it for survival in the frozen north of Canada. It has never let me down on any hunt or trek into the Wyoming wilderness..even in January.

However, recently the Canadian Rangers have switched to a new toy. Tikka T3X Arctic. Interesting toy for the expreme cold. I may have to save my pennies. It is a bit pricey.

www.tactical-life.com/firearms/gun-revie...ka-t3x-arctic-rifle/

was wondering about the manufacturer from it's name - sounded like an euro - but being Colt relieves some of that apprehension - even more so getting the US market involved .... shouldn't be any parts & repair problems in case of SHTF or embargo ...
Last Edit: 3 weeks, 2 days ago by Illini Warrior.

Re: Cold weather 3 weeks, 1 day ago #27744

• VFA-305
  • Platinum Boarder
Warrior....Your are correct!.....Tikka is made in Finland. They are very well made rifles. My wife uses a Tikka White Tail Hunter every deer season and takes her share of them. Her rifle is chambered in .243 Win. Tikka is manufactured by Sako. I own a Sako in .300 win mag and it is a tack driver.

The MSRP on the T3X in the article is high. However, I have found them on line for around 1500. Still not cheap. Based on the Sako and Tikka I own...it is probably well made. Plus, it has iron sights. A feature that seems to have fallen out of favor with many companies. It seems like many companies don't even offer sights as an option.

Many years ago I was hunting and stepped in the wrong place and did a 190 down a hillside. My rifle took a direct hit on the only rock sticking up. That scope was out of action. If I had been out during a melt down of society it would have been bad. I would have a fancy club. After that, most of my rifles have iron sights. Except my Tikka and Sako. Something I have been thinking about fixing at a good gunsmith.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.36 seconds