Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Systematic Approach To Groups - Conversations

Re: Systematic Approach To Groups - Conversations 3 months, 1 week ago #27446

• JimCosta
  • Gold Boarder
Pressure Cookers & Rocket Stoves.

I read advice to place a cookie sheet or flat metal over an uncontrollable fire so the pressure cooker could easily be slid over or away from the fire to regulate the pressure.

P.S. The cooking time for dried beans can be reduced from 2 hours to a half hour with a pressure cooker. If the beans arn't quite done then leave the pressure top vented and boil as a normal pot a little longer.

This may be required because as dried beans age (through 30 years) they may take a little longer to soften.
Last Edit: 3 months ago by JimCosta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CinnamonAcid

Re: Systematic Approach To Groups - Conversations 3 months, 1 week ago #27448

think more like a swing swivel- that's how big pots were handled in the home cooking fireplaces for eons ....

Re: Systematic Approach To Groups - Conversations 3 months ago #27469

• JimCosta
  • Gold Boarder
Dried Soy Beans

Forget about soy beans. They interfere with the human digestive system. See Article
Last Edit: 2 months, 4 weeks ago by JimCosta.

Re: Systematic Approach To Groups - Conversations 2 months, 4 weeks ago #27489

• JimCosta
  • Gold Boarder
More on Dried Beans - (This is intended for super Preppers and groups over 10 persons.)

*** The Problem: Unforeseen problems with dried beans.

*** Facts & Assumptions:

A great many super Preppers have dried beans in storage.

Dry Beans (uncooked) equal 2 ½ pint cans of cooked beans.

Dry Beans can be stored for about 30 years. Over time they require a longer cooking time to soften them.

Dry beans should be pre-soaked prior to cooking to reduce cooking time.
Cold soak for 12 – 18 hours; OR place in water, then bring water to a boil, then let stand one hour after the water is removed from the heat.

Cooking Time: Boil method requires an average of 2 hours, OR
Pressure cook for an average of 20 minutes at 15 psi, then eat them.

Pressure Canning:
One pressure cooking of pre-soaked beans will fill about 16 pint jars.
The cooking time is about 90 minutes. The purchase price per pint jar is about $1 each.

Pressure Cookers: Can be used over an open flame (rocket stove) by placing on a flat sheet of metal so the cooker can be slid to or away from the heat to regulate the pressure more easily. If pressure cooker does not fully soften the beans then simply cook longer with the top off.

In grid down situation, preparing dried beans will be more costly due to the required fuel and the security risk to venture out into the open to gather that fuel.
This will be even more expensive for smaller groups, say of two persons per cooking. Larger groups can prepare more beans per cooking to be consumed that day.

*** The Question Raised Here is would it be better to can some of the dried beans now while the grid is still up?

To can now will cost about $1 for each pint jar & lid, whereas a pint can of fully cooked beans can be purchased from Family Dollar or Dollar General for about 65 cents each.

Recommendation:
Do not can now but instead purchase some canned beans for smaller feedings. In a grid down situation pressure cook for larger feedings when possible. Save the dry beans for a deeper emergency.

P.S. We are still investigating Soy Beans. They may cause digestive problems. Will keep you posted.
Last Edit: 2 months, 4 weeks ago by JimCosta.

Re: Systematic Approach To Groups - Conversations 2 months, 3 weeks ago #27516

• JimCosta
  • Gold Boarder
Recruiting Members at a Gun Show

Next weekend we will seek new members. I mentioned our PensacolaPreppers.us website before which tries to locate local Preppers and send them to all the local groups including ours. At the gun show we will push that site in hopes to both help Preppers and attract a few that might learn all about us and request membership. Below is our planned strategy. Note that the handouts will be printed 3 per page and cut.

Our sign will read:

Pensacola Preppers.us
It's All Free.

Each of us are different and should be ourselves at the gun show.

This is my plan (for myself) regarding the handouts:

Purpose: Give them the website name and hard facts they don’t already know to ponder.
If we don't speak it will still attract them to the website.

Handout:

. . . . . . PensacolaPreppers.us

Feed one adult healthy meals 3 months for just $60.

Know what you are prepping for: Defend against the other 99% of your neighbors, as only 1% of the population are Preppers.

Grid Down Expectation: After 3 days, neighbors will covet what they think you have if they see you alive.

Minimum Extended Family: Six adults needed for guard duty, 1 inside & 1 outside.
This means you will end up in a brick home (more bullet proof)
with about 10 persons including spouses & Kids.

Talking Points:

** The website has two Clif Note type articles: Family Prepping and Group Prepping;
** Both focused on cheap and quickly;
** Both articles are indexed for quick detail to above facts.
** Local groups available to join or attend free classes or use website as cook-book to prep your family privately.
** Its all free.
** Address the 4 Facts above on handout.
---------------------------
** Any conversation they choose other than politics - focus on prepping.

See Also: Finding Members With The Internet.
Last Edit: 2 months, 1 week ago by JimCosta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Materielgeneral

Re: Systematic Approach To Groups - Conversations 2 months, 3 weeks ago #27519

JimCosta wrote:
Booth at Gun Show

Next weekend we will seek new members. I mentioned our PensacolaPreppers.us website before which tries to locate local Preppers and send them to all the local groups including ours. At the gun show we will push that site in hopes to both help Preppers and attract a few that might learn all about us and request membership. Below is our planned strategy. Note that the handouts will be printed 3 per page and cut.

Our sign will read:

Pensacola Preppers.us
It's All Free.

Each of us are different and should be ourselves at the gun show.

This is my plan (for myself) regarding the handouts:

Purpose: Give them the website name and hard facts they don’t already know to ponder.
If we don't speak it will still attract them to the website.

Handout:

. . . . . . PensacolaPreppers.us

Feed one adult healthy meals 3 months for just $60.

Know what you are prepping for: Defend against the other 99% of your neighbors, as only 1% of the population are Preppers.

Grid Down Expectation: After 3 days, neighbors will covet what they think you have if they see you alive.

Minimum Extended Family: Six adults needed for guard duty, 1 inside & 1 outside.
This means you will end up in a brick home (more bullet proof)
with about 10 persons including spouses & Kids.

Talking Points:

** The website has two Clif Note type articles: Family Prepping and Group Prepping;
** Both focused on cheap and quickly;
** Both articles are indexed for quick detail to above facts.
** Local groups available to join or attend free classes or use website as cook-book to prep your family privately.
** Its all free.
** Address the 4 Facts above on handout.
---------------------------
** Any conversation they choose other than politics - focus on prepping.

When I was regular national guard I would often work with the recruiters doing different events. Having the flyers are a really good idea. I would do the one page that you tri fold instead of multiple pages flyer. Because of cost and because you want basic information selling your group. You do not want to overload them. The website is really good because you can have different pages loaded with information. To save funds have non changing content so they can be reused. If you put any dates the flyers become a one time use.

Being yourselves at the gun show is good because people can read fake people. Keep it all professional and nothing too prepper or it could be read as weird. It will be a turn off to new people. Be well groomed. In another words tell your people to have a shower and don't stink. Its funny but you would be surprised.

I would leave that comment about 1 guard in and1 outside off the flyer. A lot of military will disagree on that. If it is a set position like an LP/OP you always have two people on guard. It helps keep your guards awake, alert and its safer.

Something I would do is print off some of the FEMA brochures on preparedness. Its a good safety net for new people that listen to everything the gov says to them. You can take FEMA points and then compare them to your group and then offer your flyer if they are into it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JimCosta

Re: Systematic Approach To Groups - Conversations 2 months, 1 week ago #27548

• JimCosta
  • Gold Boarder
* * * Nourishment - Volume Cooking With Minimum Energy. * * *

The Problem:

What is the most energy efficient way to deliver calories to a large survival group?

Facts & Assumptions:

Starvation begins on less than 1200 calories per day.
The Military serves 3,000 calories per day, as needed by active troopers.
The average adult needs 2,000 calories per day.
A survival group might aim for about 1,500 – 2000 calories per day.

Rice and noodles are the cheapest deliverers of calories,
plus they both have long-term storage capability.

Rice and beans is the cheapest way to deliver the calories and protein needed by the body.

Many Preppers will rely on dried beans, which can take about two hours to prepare.

For large groups, the vast majority of their meals will be around rice, noodles, or beans.

Cooking time for two cups of rice is around 20 minutes.
Cooking time for spaghetti noodles is about 20 minutes.
Cooking time for 2 cups of dried beans is 120 minutes.

If you have a group of 20 adults, requiring 2,000 daily calories, and feed only rice that day,
then you must prepare 120 cups of cooked rice or 40 cups at each of three meals.

In order to conserve energy, especially non-replaceable energy, volume cooking might be in order.

The Plan:

Most Efficient for Rice - Presoak the rice in warm salty water for ½ hour to soften.
Purchase an electric volume rice cooker and power with solar energy.
20 cup for $36 ... 60 cup for $89 or any electric pressure cooker.

Second Best for Rice –
Pressure Cook it at 15 psi for 3 Minutes for long-grain white rice.
Water to Rice Ratio: 1 ½ : 1.
Caution: Never fill the pressure cooker more than half-way with grains and cooking liquid.
Allow pressure to drop naturally when done.
Note: Takes about 10 minutes to pressure up.
Increased volume of rice does not increase cook time.
An 8 Quart cooker should yield about 30 cups of cooked rice.

See Chart for various types of rice: https://www.hippressurecooking.com/easy-...cooker-steamed-rice/

Third Best for Rice - Presoak the rice in warm salty water for ½ hour to soften.
Use a large foot tall kettle. Remember that the cooked rice
will double in volume. Use ratio of Water to Rice of 2:1. Cover pot.
Cooking time about 20 minutes.

Spaghetti: Cook in foot tall kettle. Can also be pressure cooked.

Dried Beans -
Cook in pressure cooker at 15 psi for 5 to 10 minutes,
depending on type of bean. Remember the bean doubles or triples in size.

If still not soft when complete, then boil with the lid off.

Dry beans should be pre-soaked prior to cooking to reduce cooking time.
Cold soak for 12 – 18 hours; OR place in water, then bring water to a boil,
then let stand one hour after the water is removed from the heat.

Cooking Time: Black beans - 8 to 11 Minutes
. . . . . . . . . . . . Kidney beans - 9 to 12 Minutes
. . . . . . . . . . . . Pinto beans - 5 to 7 Minutes
Important:
When using a pressure cooker, the recommended water-to-beans ratio is 3 cups for each cup of soaked beans. However, as legumes tend to expand and froth during cooking, you should make sure you never fill your pressure cooker to more than half of its capacity (counting both soaked beans and water)!

Bean Cooking Chart: www.healwithfood.org/chart/beans-cooking...es.php#ixzz4y8BDK59I
Last Edit: 2 months, 1 week ago by JimCosta.

Re: Systematic Approach To Groups - Conversations 2 months, 1 week ago #27549

JimCosta wrote:
Recruiting Members at a Gun Show

Jim, how did it go? any good conversations and prospects?

Re: Systematic Approach To Groups - Conversations 2 months, 1 week ago #27551

• JimCosta
  • Gold Boarder
I am told it was a light turnout for the show. 90 handouts were taken. 12 persons hit the two websites (Pensacola Preppers and this site). No direct contact at this time. My hope was to gain 4 more under 60 year olds. Last week we gained a family with a 53, 47, 35, 31 and 18 year old. But they were not through the gun show.

At this time I am happy with our membership size.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Materielgeneral

Re: Systematic Approach To Groups - Conversations 1 month, 2 weeks ago #27604

• JimCosta
  • Gold Boarder
14-min video:Col. Roy Potter - "The Storm Surges". [Must Hear]
The Cabal is being taken down now. Heads up!

Link

See also where 300 Law Enforcement Officers arrest 28 persons in D.C. yesterday:
http://www.rumormillnews.com/cgi-bin/fo … read=89113
Last Edit: 1 month, 2 weeks ago by JimCosta.
Time to create page: 0.57 seconds