Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: NEW EDITION - Survival & Austere Medicine - 3rd Ed

NEW EDITION - Survival & Austere Medicine - 3rd Ed 2 weeks, 2 days ago #27673

the newly revised and edited 3rd edition of one of the better first aid manuals is now available .....

***** FREE DOWNLOAD ******

www.ausprep.org/manuals
The following user(s) said Thank You: sgtblue, Materielgeneral, Neo

Re: NEW EDITION - Survival & Austere Medicine - 3rd Ed 2 weeks, 1 day ago #27678

Illini Warrior wrote:
the newly revised and edited 3rd edition of one of the better first aid manuals is now available .....

www.ausprep.org/manuals

Book looked pretty good. Reminded me of Doom and Bloom Survival Medicine handbook. Guess where I just added it to?

Re: NEW EDITION - Survival & Austere Medicine - 3rd Ed 2 weeks, 1 day ago #27679

Materielgeneral wrote:
Illini Warrior wrote:

www.ausprep.org/manuals

Book looked pretty good. Reminded me of Doom and Bloom Survival Medicine handbook. Guess where I just added it to?

I think the new doctor's publications inspired them to do a serious update - added several hundred pages - the herbal medicine chapter is a final tribute to Goatlady - she died finishing up her contribution ....

with most of the authors up in age it could be the last edition ....

Re: NEW EDITION - Survival & Austere Medicine - 3rd Ed 2 weeks, 1 day ago #27680

Materielgeneral wrote:
Illini Warrior wrote:

www.ausprep.org/manuals

In regard to you "adding it" ....

This is a copy of a posting from Reasonable Rascal - one of the senior editors of the Survival & Austere Medicine manual ....

"We have been found out.

We were waiting on 3 other download sites so that we didn't overwhelm anyone. Turns out December is not such a good month for trying to roll out something like this.

We are working on the print editions right now, formatting that is. After that the ebook edition, which will be a first for us.

The authors and contributors represent 3 continents once again.

Over 600 pages in all, a HUGE expansion from the last edition. Lots of new material - basic medical equipment repair and upkeep, surgical sedation and anesthesia, veterinary medicine, austere psych, and even a basic guide to medications with a best-guess on austere production potential. Believe it or not Doc even tried (and succeeded) in brewing Penicillin at home, though that is a story in and of itself.

The Botanical and Herbal Medicine chapter was left in tribute to our former TB2K member Goatlady, who passed in between editions.

Our current roustabout member Jones Parker also played a very active role - he can toot his own horn though, if the cougar will let him.

Just a suggestion: you WILL want a print edition for after TSHTF and all that. Relying on internet access, or even electricity, ain't the best of plans. The print edition will be via an on-demand service and they will be royalty-free, so as cheap as can be had.

I do caution everyone to make sure whatever download site you use is legit. Just this month we discovered that some scabs in Minsk are SELLING download copies of the last version, and some yahoo from Wisconsin was plagiarizing the nursing chapter as his own for another download elsewhere. This was why we were holding off on the grand announcement - to make a complete list of approved download sites.

To good health and a better New Year everyone!

RR"
Last Edit: 2 weeks, 1 day ago by Illini Warrior.

Re: NEW EDITION - Survival & Austere Medicine - 3rd Ed 2 weeks ago #27683

If I remember right I looked and did not see a print edition. Is it still being added?

Edit: I usually never claim a specific book on the library unless it is military which is not copyrighted. Otherwise books are just part of the content and don't really advertise them such as eBay.
Last Edit: 1 week, 2 days ago by Materielgeneral. Reason: added text
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.45 seconds